A Midyear Visit With The “Dogs of the Dow”
The Dogs of the Dow is an investment strategy which proposes that an investor annually selects for investing in the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) stocks whose dividend is the highest fraction of their price.
As of June 30th or the first half of 2109 the “Dogs of the Dow” have realized an average year-to-date gain of 12.1% by June end are the following eight stocks:
- Cisco Systems (CSCO): Dividend yield of 2.61% ending June from 3.32% in December. The stock not to be included as a member of Dog pound as per market evaluation.
- Chevron (CVX): Dividend yield of 3.95% ending June from 4.27% in December. Reading for the 12x3x3 weekly slow stochastic ending, June rose to 53.00.
- International Business Machines (IBM): IBM yielded a dividend yield of 4.74%, ending June in comparison to 5.71% in December. Stochastic reading ended June soared to 41.86.
- JPMorgan Chase (JPM): Dividend yield of 3.13% ending June from 3.45% in December. At the end of June, 12x3x3 weekly slow stochastic reading raised to 58.39.
- Coca Cola (KO): Dividend Yield decreased from 3.46% in December to 3.18 % in June. Though the weekly chart looks positive excess stock above the five-week MMA at $50.09 and 200 weeks SMA to the mean at $44.63.
- Pfizer (PFE): Pfizer yielded a dividend of 3.42%, an increase from its December at 3.30%.
- Verizon (VZ): Declared a dividend yield of 4.28%, going down from 4.31% in December.
- ExxonMobil (XOM): Yielded a dividend of 4.61%, down from 5.03% in December.
Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) and 3M Company (MMM) with a dividend yield of 3.51% and 3.41% respectively are likely to be part of the “Dogs Of the Dow” for 2020.
To learn more about Dow 30 components and to continue to track their progress please visit the Vista Partners Coverage Page Daily.
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive!