A Growing List of Inspirational Quotes For Success In Life, Investing & Trading! (Updated 1-12-19)
We believe it is necessary to continue to inspire all to be their personal best in life and in investing. We also believe that keeping inspired and learning from others is an essential element in building long-term financial and emotional wealth.
With this in mind, we commit to grabbing ideas and thoughts from those that are successful in life and from investors who have conquered the markets and would encourage you to do so as well.
Here is a list of inspiring quotes that we will continue to add to over time. So please enjoy them today and come back regularly to continue to find inspiration as we add to this list.
- “I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” – Warren Buffett
- “Bottoms in the investment world don’t end with four-year lows; they end with 10- or 15-year lows.” – Jim Rogers
- “The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing.” – Phillip Fisher
- “The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator.” – Ben Graham
- “Financial peace isn’t the acquisition of stuff. It’s learning to live on less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can’t win until you do this.” – Dave Ramsey
- “Invest in yourself, you can afford it, trust me.”- Rashon Carraway
- “The wisest rule in investment is: when others are selling, buy. When others are buying, sell.” – Jonathan Sacks
- “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
- “Investing puts money to work. The only reason to save money is to invest it.” – Grant Cardone
- “You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove to be the greatest investment that you will ever make.” – Gordon B. Hinkley
- “In the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run, it is a weighing machine.” – Benjamin Graham
- “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.” – Robert G. Allen
- “Rule No. 1: never lose money; rule No. 2: don’t forget rule No. 1” – Warren Buffett, The Oracle of Omaha
- “It is impossible to produce superior performance unless you do something different from the majority.” – John Templeton
- “Your success in investing will depend in part on your character and guts and in part on your ability to realize, at the height of ebullience and the depth of despair alike, that this too, shall pass.” – Jack Bogle
- “A lot of people with high IQs are terrible investors because they’ve got terrible temperaments. You need to keep raw, irrational emotion under control.”-Charlie Munger
- “I call investing the greatest business in the world … because you never have to swing. You stand at the plate, the pitcher throws you General Motors at 47! U.S. Steel at 39! and nobody calls a strike on you. There’s no penalty except opportunity lost. All day you wait for the pitch you like; then when the fielders are asleep, you step up and hit it.” – Warren Buffett
- “To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble”. – Christian D. Larson
- “History provides a crucial insight regarding market crises: they are inevitable, painful and ultimately surmountable.” – Shelby M.C. Davis
- “I’m tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.” — Shaquille O’Neal
- “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “As time goes on, I get more and more convinced that the right method of investment is to put fairly large sums into enterprises which one thinks one knows something about and in the management of which one thoroughly believes.” – John Meynard Keynes
- “The ideal business is one that earns very high returns on capital and that keeps using lots of capital at those high returns. That becomes a compounding machine.” – Warren Buffett
- “All you need for a lifetime of successful investing is a few big winners, and the pluses from those will overwhelm the minuses from the stocks that don’t work out.” – Peter Lynch
- “No one will hit you harder than life itself. It doesn’t matter how hard you hit back. It’s about how much you can take, and keep fighting, how much you can suffer and keep moving forward. That’s how you win.” – Sylvester Stallone
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive! Sign Up to receive FREE email updates here!