12 Finalists Chosen for Delo’s Tractor Restoration Competition
Chevron U.S.A. Inc’s Chevron Products Company, the maker of Delo® brand technologically advanced engine oils, lubricants, and coolants, recently announced its finalists for the 2018 Delo Tractor Restoration Competition. The competition, which will be held in Indianapolis, IN at the 90th National FFA Convention (October 24 – 27), brings together the nation’s top teen tractor restorers.
The program, which began in 1995, reward the determination, mechanical and business skill of high-school tractor restoration experts from across the country. In restoring an antique tractor, participants of the competition are able to develop skills they will use as future leaders of the agriculture industry such as equipment maintenance, teamwork, project management, budgeting, planning, and marketing.
The contestants are required to submit a workbook that details the complete tractor restoration process. A panel of judges reviews the workbook and entrant videos to select the finalists of the Delo Tractor Restoration Competition. The 12 finalists will then present their projects at the National Convention to a panel of four professional tractor restorers. The projects are each graded on the restoration process, safety precautions, results, documentation, oral presentation, and responses to the judge’s questions.
The winners will be announced at an awards banquet. The Grand Champions are awarded $10,000, Reserve Champion receives $5,000, and third place is given $3,000.
This year’s finalists include:
- Everett Herrington, Idalou FFA, Idalou, TX: 1968 Massey-Ferguson
- Austin Reynolds, Ira FFA, Ira, TX: 1955 Farmall Cub
- Austin Chavez, Cuero High School, Cuero, TX: 1965 John Deere Model 4020
- Ricky Schilling, Fayetteville ISD #278, Fayetteville, TX: 1960 John Deere 1960 JD 435
- Four Rivers Career H.S., Four Rivers Career Center Night Shift, Washington, MO: 1949 John Deere Model “A”
- Devin Haywood, Hastings FFA, Hastings, MI: 1957 Farmall 450 Diesel
- Box Elder High School, Box Elder FFA, Brigham City, UT: 1949 Farmall C
- Riley Dalrymple, Uvalde FFA, Uvalde, TX: 1925 John Deere D
- Ryder Merta, El Campo FFA, El Campo, TX: 1949, John Deere B
- NorthWood High School, NorthWood FFA, Nappanee, IN: 1950 John Deere MT
- Corey Verstraeten, Southwest FFA, San Antonio, TX: 1955 Oliver Super 88 L-P
- Mack Blair, Dubiski Career High School FFA, Grand Prairie, TX: 1949 John Deere A
Dan Holdmeyer, Industrial and Coolants Brand Manager, Chevron Products Company stated, “There is a clear need for programs that support this type of education and provide this experience. The Tractor Restoration Competition is a place where participants develop skills applicable to a career in agriculture, diesel mechanics, or any business actually. Regardless of where their life takes our participants, the Delo Tractor Restoration Competition experience helps to prepare them for success.”
Vista Partners LLC (”Vista”) is a California Registered Investment Advisor based in San Francisco. Vista delivers timely and relevant insights via the website: www.vistapglobal.com with daily stories, weekly market updates, monthly macroeconomic newsletters, podcasts, & Vista’s proprietary equity and market research to help you stay informed and stay competitive. Vista’s mission is to invest partner capital while arming investors with a comprehensive global financial perspective across all market sectors. Vista also seeks to provide select issuers with actionable advice regarding fundamental development, corporate governance, and capital market directives.
Stay Informed! Stay Competitive!