Sysorex (SYRX) Launched Advanced Data Analytics Solution, LightMiner, Delivers Supercomputing Performance at Fraction of Typical Supercomputing Costs
Palo Alto, CA based Sysorex (SYRX) develops the systems and solutions that power the data-driven enterprise. With an innovative approach to big data, analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT), they blend virtual data from software and networks with the huge volume of physical data generated by mobile devices and Internet-connected things to open new worlds of insight. Their unique solutions are helping organizations worldwide improve decision making, increase productivity, and fuel the discoveries of tomorrow.
Recently, Sysorex announced the general availability of its advanced data analytics solution, LightMiner. The solution, which consists of an in-memory hardware platform and specially tailored versions of the industry-standard SQL relational database and R statistical computing environment, is designed to deliver supercomputing performance at a fraction of typical supercomputing costs. LightMiner was originally developed to solve complex analytic problems such as those in scientific computing. Sysorex acquired the technology in April of last year. Since then, the company has focused on building out the product’s capabilities for a broader spectrum of applications including predictive and proscriptive analytics, mobile and IoT analytics, and machine learning. The product has been in beta with customers in retail, banking and agricultural research since last autumn. The company has also coupled LightMiner with Sysorex’s unified real-time location system, AirPatrol, to deliver near-real-time foot traffic analytics, zonal analysis, asset tracking and security monitoring.
The LightMiner data analytics platform includes the following:
- Industry-standard ANSI SQL relational database and R Workbench environment built for massively parallel processing (MPP), supercomputing environments
- 10x to 200x performance increases over non-MPP algorithms running on standard systems
- Data importers for standard data formats, custom applications and batched extract, transform & load (ETL) imports
- Native support for streaming inserts from Internet of Things (IoT) gateways and other continuous, high volume data feeds to support Machine Learning
- Simple setup and installation: Can be up, running and producing results in under one hour
- Browser-based “workbench” administrative interface: No client application required
- Compatible with 3rd party visualization, charting and graphing tools and dashboards
Flat pricing model: No additional “per” (user / core / process / etc.) pricing
Sysorex CEO, Nadir Ali stated, “In the world of data analytics, organizations have been forced to make the trade-off between performance and affordability for quite some time. On the one hand you have multi-million dollar, supercomputing systems capable of running very complex analytics very quickly; on the other, you have data analytics systems that use far less expensive hardware and software, but come at the cost of speed and sophistication. Our intent with LightMiner is to eliminate those trade-offs and level the playing-field so all enterprises can have access in real-time to in-depth analytics and insights. This is a very exciting launch for us. With its release, our customers, whether they are government agencies, healthcare providers, biotech, gaming, banking, or retail, will have the ability to do a deep dive, real time analysis on all of their data – physical and digital – from one platform. We believe this is going to be a game changer.”
To learn more download a FREE copy of the Sysorex (SYRX) research report at Vist Partners http://www.vistapglobal.com and click the “download research” icon to gain access to the report.